Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Sentry Eagle

I don't know about you, but the summer started slow and now it moving crazy fast. Time is also flying by now that I am in my last trimester. The first trimester was SO slow and now our due date is approaching quickly. My most recent belly shot...29 weeks...or according to my first ultrasound, a little over 30 weeks.

We had a few visitors in July and experienced our first Sentry Eagle at base. Sentry Eagle is the largest Guard exercise in the Air Force and there were lots of events and things to do. Here is a photo someone took while getting a back-seat ride.


I thought it was just a one-day air show kind-of-thing but there were events three nights in a row in addition to some activities during the day and a full open house for the city on Saturday. Some pictures during the open house.


J touring a helicopter-he looks SO big to me here!


Pull the stick W!


While walking around, I noticed people kept looking at my stroller and laughing and pointing. W had poured a couple of water bottles into his seat and was playing with his toy boats in the water.


J and I watching the F-15E demo team:


We had a sitter for the boys for two nights and got to see the featured guest. A comedian who used to play Ross Perot on The Tonight Show. That is why Matt, Amy and the kids got to come because Matt flew in the exercise with other pilots from his unit in Texas. Matt managed to confuse more than one person being here in his flight suit.


One of the F-16s broke down so Matt stayed longer until it was fixed which was nice to get to visit with him more. He even watched the boys one night so Geoff and I could go out to dinner. Thanks Matt! Excuse the boys random pajamas here...they wanted in a picture with us pre-date night.


And we are excited to have Uncle PJ coming to visit in a few days followed by the boys' birthday, followed by Mark and Jan coming to visit. Time to get busy finishing projects before the baby arrives and the winter returns.

4 comments:

Jones Family said...

Andrea! You look amazing- so cute pregnant! I am so excited for you and your sweet family. Can't wait to see some pics of baby girl Jensen in a few more months! And your landscaping looks awesome, too! Miss you, girl!!

Leslie said...

Looks like a fun weekend! I can't wait to see nursery pictures...are those the projects you're talking about? The boys room is so cute, I can't wait to see what you do for your little girl :)

The Nicholsons said...

Love the pics, Andrea. You look wonderful!

Andy and Mindi said...

How fun! And that family picture is adorable! You look amazing!!