Check out our little artists:
Finished product...a masterpiece!
....homemade pasta dinner, a clean house, a little surprise celebration with friends, and THE furniture piece I have been pining after. In fact, I will spare you all the details about this piece of furniture but I was NOT happy with my DH all week because of it. I thought he blew me off on the considering this piece and then by the time he went to see it, he told me it had already sold! Well, this piece has been on hold multiple times since it arrived at the store (just a couple of weeks ago) and I knew of at least three people vying over it so it didn't shock me that it sold. But I was SO disappointed. Geoff even had the ladies at the store in on it...
Here is a picture. It doesn't look very big here but it is 8 1/2 feet tall! And 6 feet wide. It is from a bar in Nebraska. They had removed the piece from the bar to renovate the bar and then the bar burned down!
I love it. I haven't completed "decorating" it yet...and it might not stay in that spot...but I can't wait to put some white lights in it for Christmas...hmmm...so many ideas. The boys like to "hide" when Geoff is coming home from work and they decided to hide from me this time...here I am finding J:
Birthday hugs from the boys...
Geoff met a couple from church who give "blocks boxes" to kiddos. Apparently he has made 1200 of these boxes. He even brought the box to our house for the boys. Here they are enjoying their box.
Thank you to everyone for making my birthday so special...and thanks to my DH for all the sneakiness and surprises!
7 comments:
What a nice hubby! Happy Birthday!
wow! great job geoff...love, love, love that piece! are you planning on teaching yoga? do you still instruct step?
Thanks Mindi for the b-day wishes and Lisa I have been teaching just yoga now. Still open to step and kickbox (the gym I teach at would love it if I would teach either bc no one does right now) but three classes a week is about right for me right now.
Yeah! I'm so happy he got the furniture for you! I wondered if maybe he had actually bought it for you, what a sweet husband and surprise :) Glad you had a wonderful day, you certainly deserve it!
BTW, I like your tree. The leaves look great.
You should put that bookshelf in a closet!
No way Melissa! We actually have room for furniture now! :)
Post a Comment