Friday, November 19, 2010

little people BIG words


One of J and W's current trends right now is the use of "conditions" which is just them reflecting our "conditions" right back at us. You know what I mean: "If you don't do x then we won't do y." kind-of-thing. Some examples...

The day before Geoff's birthday, Geoff went downstairs to do a final tuck-in for the boys and to turn off the light. J told Geoff “If you wont’ let me leave the light on to read, then I will cancel your birthday party.”

or they have said to us “If you won’t let me have my snack, then I won’t clean up my mess.”

or "If I can't go outside, then I will throw something."

And sometimes they just say something funny that I have to write down.
I believe this next statement had to do with J cleaning up popcorn...I gave him an entire bowl of popcorn and I guess he didn't like it. So he proceeded to spread it all around the playroom and in his train drawers, etc. And W added his two cents to the situation:
W said “If I were you and J was J, and he wanted help cleaning up (the popcorn), I wouldn’t do it."
And once when J was hiding from Geoff and Geoff said "I am going to come find you!" and we heard J squeal “Nooo you caaAAnN’t- that’s cause I am super hidey!!”

Then I found myself laughing out loud during our "parent/teacher" conference a couple of weeks ago. I was surprised how many details the boys' preschool teacher keeps track of...she was telling me about some concept questions she asked the boys. She was asking them about what happens if something is broken...and W replied "you fix it." And J's reply was "glass". I think because I always say "that is glass and it can break."

Another funny thing was when she asked them about the concept of time, and what a clock is used for...and J replied "we have to go."
And with that, we do have to go...closing with a sleeping picture of W...so rare to see it these days but so sweet.

No comments: