W gave me a 0430 wake up call. I laid in bed thinking "please go back to sleep please go back to sleep please please go back to sleep" and decided to turn up the heat just in case he was cold and that is what woke him up. Well something worked and he went back to sleep until 6:20 which is sleeping in for us! Praise God!
The boys ate a good breakfast this morning...waffles, applesauce, an orange and milk...then we went out for a walk/jog. I had to lock the dogs in the screen porch bc Bear still is not allowed to run. I know they were SO mad at me for leaving them. But I am still a little mad at them. Did I tell you? They made me bury a squirrel a few weeks ago and yesterday I found a dead bird in our yard which I had to bury as well. Not something I enjoy doing first thing in the morning. Or ever!
We were almost home from the jog when I saw signs for a garage sale not far from our house. I stopped in to see if they had any toys I could get for the boys. They didn't have any but a nice lady at the garage sale told me they had come from another garage sale that had a ton of toys. She told me the street name and I sprinted home, threw the boys in the car, and took off. It was already 9am and I know that is actually late for garage sales because good things tend to go fast.
Lucky for me, I found the house and was so happy to see that they had lots of trucks. The couple has a 5 and a 7-year old boy so they had outgrown a lot of toys but they were perfect for J and W. I started just snatching things up thinking of how excited the boys will be to see all these cool toys. They had a bunch of the "Little People" line at the garage sale which I think is so cute but we don't have any so I grabbed what I could. Of course there was another lady there that started grabbing Little People stuff as soon as she saw me starting to grab it. But it didn't matter. We got lots of great stuff at a bargain price of $7.50 total!
We picked up some old school stuff too...does this bring back any memories for any of you?
And I can honestly say that the boys played for a solid hour an a half this morning almost w/o any tantrums or fighting. They did fight over that fire truck though.
They are now napping and I am going to get some stuff picked up. What a great start to the weekend (except for burying the bird of course).
2 comments:
Wow! Great garage sale finds!!! Glad you had a good day!
Sweet deals at the garage sale. You need to rotate their toys-hide them and thing bring them back out like a month later and its like Christmas! They'll be entertained for quite some time. We do that often.
Sorry you had to bury dead animals. I know that's not your thing. Alby brought us so many dead birds and whistle pigs and even baby rabbits in Mtn. Home. It was disgusting-he usually had mamed the heck out of them!
Post a Comment