Saturday, November 10, 2007

Update

The boys are still recuperating but doing much better. The doctor saw J right away Friday morning and said he was breathing better. He was happy to see him moving around and not just lying on the exam table. He did say that if he hadn't seen improvement, he would have admitted him to the hospital! I guess he was pretty concerned.
We are continuing breathing treatments every six hours and trying to give him oral steroids to reduce the inflammation in his lungs. Unfortunately he threw up both doses we tried to give him on Friday. Between antibiotics, cough medicine, steroids, and breathing treatments, it is hard to keep track of everything!

Here is J last Tuesday at the drool-and-runny nose-phase of the cold...check out that shirt! I think we went through 3-4 shirts for both boys that day:

"I caan't breathe through me nose!" (OK, he didn't ACTUALLY say that, but it looks like that is what W would say if he could)

Still playing with their trucks:

My brother came for a visit this past weekend and he was a big help with the boys. Here he is with J during a treatment:

We needed some fresh air on Thursday so we walked through the woods behind our house. Here is J pointing at an airplane, or a tree, or the air...he just likes to point.

At sunset:

Katy and Bear running toward the boys...can you see W trying to brace himself? They get knocked down often by our 65+ lb dogs!

W in his favorite pose....he is watching and cheering on the dogs here:

Uncle PJ with his nephews:

Here is PJ walking back home with the boys at sunset:

Drinking their milk with their daddy:

The guys on football Sunday. TOUCHDOWN!!!

I went to a Sara Evans concert this weekend and it was SO good (great idea Tracy)! Sara Evans can sing her tail off. I knew almost every song she sang (I didn't even own any of her CDs before the show). Her two sisters are the back-up singers, her brother is on guitar and she has another sister in the crew...

With my friends Tracy and Kendre before the show:

We showed our house again yesterday (cross your fingers we seal the deal) and just relaxed today...we needed the long weekend.

No comments: