Friday, November 16, 2007

Stuff...

I love enough to tell you about!

OK random post today...I have been meaning to do this for awhile...just list some "stuff" I love...favorites...worth buying/trying, etc.

So here is some great stuff i love...a very random list........

Mint M&Ms....OK, someone told me the other day that they didn't even know they existed...well they do..they only come out at Christmas time and they are SO good! A big reason for any holiday weight gain for me...I like to eat the white ones first. =)

Organic Valley Reduced Fat Chocolate Milk...I had big cravings for chocolate milk when I was pregnant and this is the best out there...perfect...chocolate milk just seems to make everything better sometimes.

Ecover Stain Remover...my mom got this for me at Wild Oats in Nashville so you can probably only find it there or Whole Foods and places like that...let me tell you, this stuff is pure magic.
W fell into his handle hauler truck one morning. I saw him do it...it didn't look like a bad crash at all but he SCREAMED. I picked him up and he gave me his koala bear squeeze (this kid gives awesome hugs), and when he finally looked up, my entire shoulder-chest area was covered in blood. And I was wearing a white t-shirt. Geoff's white t-shirt. So I put this stuff on it, threw it in the washing machine by itself...and forgot about it. When I remembered, I was certain the shirt would be ruined...but all the blood was completely gone. It just sucked it up or something. AND it is even safe for the environment-bonus! BTW, W had bit his lip if you were wondering =)

Ecover Ultra Laundry Wash...smells fabulous...works fabulous..I could order it by the crate. If you ever wanted to try an ecological detergent that is safe for your family but you were afraid to waste your money on something...don't be afraid to try this stuff. Or their dishwashing soap...I am using their lemon aloe vera stuff now.

Vans Original Waffles and Belgian waffles...I only found these because I was looking for something the boys could have that didn't have eggs in it. Well, these are dairy free, gluten free, wheat free, egg free, cholesterol-free, and SO GOOD. I have to buy extra so I can have some too. And the belgian waffles (I will say, they aren't cheap) are amazing and are high in fiber and protein. So if any of you need something different that is quick and easy...try these...I just microwave them.

Amy's Margherita pizza...yummy and perfect size for me and the kids if Geoff is not home for dinner.

Dr. Oetker Organics Vanilla icing mix...I don't like frosting very much...or cake..I would prefer ice cream on my birthday over cake. But Geoff made me a cake and used this box mix icing that we didn't use for the boys' birthday. It was really good. It didn't have that "fake" taste that I think canned icing has. So if you don't like canned icing either, try this stuff.

Newman's Own...Sockarooni Pasta Sauce and Champion Chip Cookies

Baby's Quiet Sounds™ Day and Night Handheld Color Video Monitor by Summer...nothing more to say...great product

Pottery Barn Kids Chamois sheets...my sister-in-law Amy got us these sheets for the boys' cribs and I have used them to death...washed them to death...and they are still soft. The BEST sheets.
Body Shop Satsuma Shower Gel or lotion...I haven't found anything else I like better.

Fisher-Price space-saver high chairs

Shutterfly products and customer service...I ordered Christmas cards one morning last week and they were on our door (no kidding) the next afternoon. And I didn't pay for express shipping.

Board books...whoever invented these were a genius. The boys love books...their favorites: Usborne Look and Say Farm book and the Usborne Look and Say First Words

Little Tykes Handle Hauler Trucks...

And since I never really participated in the "recipe exchange" e-mails, here is one of my favorite fall recipes from Cooking Light:
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=833355

I think that is all I can think of now. Please send me your favorites...I'd love hearing about something you can't live without...use all the time....best purchase ever...etc.

Let me change gears...the boys are doing much better...the doc did their 15-month well baby check at their follow-up appointment minus the shots. He didn't want to give them shots since they still aren't feeling 100% yet. They are weighing around 23 lbs and J is just a little taller. Our doc did prescribe us our own nebulizer machine for the future. Hopefully we won't have to use it. I was sad at the appointment when I realized it was probably our last visit with our pediatrician before we move. He has been so wonderful and has seen the boys since they were born. I am very sad we are moving and he won't be our doctor anymore. We were very blessed being here during my entire pregnancy. I LOVED my OB and midwife and couldn't have asked for a better team for my pregnancy or for our little guys' first 15 months.

No comments: