Sunday, August 10, 2014

Hot July

We had a lot of fun in July.  It was a month full of water activities for us.  We took a couple of trips to Lake of the Woods, we rode jet boats, Geoff and the kids rafted in CA, we went to our friend's dad's pool (it's awesome), and the kids swam at a hotel pool in CA. 
 Wyatt pulling his friend Owen...

Different day at Lake of the Woods...same raft. :)










More water....water balloons!

One work weekend the kids and I went with our friend Jamie her boys to the Lavender Fields near Mt Shasta - it was gorgeous but I guess we missed the bright purple lavender by a week.  We had a lot of fun...it felt like we were at a vineyard in Italy.  I am glad we went because they will be closed to the public next year.  We will have to plan our timing right and try again in a couple of years.  They have baskets and scissors and you can pick all the lavender you want.  
 Avery with a tiny bundle of lavender.
 The boys going through the lavender maze.

 We are picking new tomatoes every few days!

But I have had enough tomatoes to make my favorite pasta recipe twice.  And it requires 5 cups of cherry tomatoes.  Below:  Early girl, super sweet 100, sun sugar, chocolate cherry, and sun gold.
 I am trying to post most of our day-to-day pics in this post.  Avery and I went through the car wash...she wasn't a big fan.


 We wrapped up July with golf camp.  The boys loved it.  The golf pro is really good with kids and is really generous with "prizes" (smart man).  And good prizes like golf hats, double dozen golf balls, sleeves of balls, and their friend Hartley even won a golf bag with clubs!



Ok, the next few pictures were taken in June on a morning golf outing with Daddy.  I know, it has been so hot this summer I was surprised to upload these pics and see the winter hats.
And another from June (despite the Halloween skeleton jammies).  This pic makes me laugh.  I think Geoff was night flying and the boys had each come up multiple times saying "I am bored" "I can't sleep" and "I don't know how to go to sleep."  Wyatt asked if he could get in our bed and I told him he could.  Then Jack said something about just going in for a second.  Just a couple of moments later I went to see what Jack was doing and he had hopped into our bed too and they were both completely out.

No comments: