Thursday, November 15, 2012

Avery's Room

A's room is done!  She moved in right after her birthday.   I am SO thankful for everyone who helped us get her room done.  The first thing we did was clear out the room and paint it.   Last year my friend Melody (God bless her) helped me paint the whole room.  I struck the lottery on that deal-not only does she like to paint, she likes to do the trim work!   There was no shortage of trim work in this room and she did all of it-thank you Melody!  

Geoff and the boys then moved furniture in...and some back out again.  A's crib was in our room until a few weeks ago.  I can't believe the next two pics are from over a year ago!
Geoff hung all of the pictures, the window treatments, the chandeliers (yes there was more than one option), and did all of the furniture-moving.  Speaking of chandeliers, isn't it beautiful?  Our friend Heather made it, and we bought it from her before she moved - she wasn't sure it would survive their move.  Heather also helped me pull the room together and helped me on the final wall arrangements.  Thank you Heather!!  We miss you around here!  Below is a pic of Geoff hanging the window treatments...I still need to shorten the drapes.  
I love how the light reflects on the ceiling and how the color of the chandelier matches the wall color.
My friend Katie made the bird mobile (above).  She also made the banner for a baby shower and let me keep it for the room.   I haven't decided (notice my painter's tape) on tacking it up in the center....
or just hanging it like this...any strong opinions either way?
Last summer, Mark, Geoff, and Jan sanded, refurbished, and painted this dresser.
 
Just a fun instagram pic while I was still working on the wall arrangement.
 It is fun seeing Avery look around her room and run around her room with the boys.  

The velvet chair doesn't quite match the room but it is special - it was my grandparent's chair...see the pic below...that is me back in 1975 or 1976 being held on that chair.
See if you can spot Wyatt and Jack in this picture...
 Enjoy your room Avery! 

4 comments:

Amber said...

Love, love, love her room!!! Amazing! Come decorate my house ok?!

Lisa G said...

such a sweet room...love the chair! where did you find the lamp on her dresser?

AFJ said...

Hi Lisa!
TJ Maxx :)

The Nicholsons said...

I love it! Amazing!