Tuesday, July 24, 2012

4th of July

4th of July was busy~so I didn't get one photo on the actual day.  So I took a couple "4th of July" pics a few days later.  Our friends from Japan were driving through and we got to have them over for lunch a couple of weekends ago.  We get to see out of town friends from time to time because a lot of guys come through here for training.  But they were driving through for vacation.  Geoff and Lance deployed together a couple of times while we were stationed in Japan and were roommates.  His wife Emily had their first son in Japan and I can't believe how grown up he is!  Definitely not a baby anymore.  Emily made me a pasta dinner the night before I ran my first marathon (the guys were gone) and she ran the last few miles of the Naha Marathon with me.  We last saw them on Christmas Day 2003 when we took a mini vacation to Hawaii on our way back from Japan and they were stationed on island.  Nine years ago!  Our kiddos got along great-just give the boys some nerf guns and they are in heaven.
 I love this picture of W and A.
A group shot - A was turning red and getting hot after many attempts to get all three kiddos looking at the camera.

Happy Belated 4th!

No comments: