Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Camera Woes

March is quietly slipping away.  I don't really know where it went.  Avery will be six months old at the end of the month and I really can't believe it.  I was having trouble with my camera and have been researching cameras and bugging at least three people about the pros and cons of different cameras.  And I finally decided on one.  I was super excited until I kept getting unfocused shots-in "auto" setting.  I knew the camera and lens were new to us but I didn't think I was that bad that I couldn't even get a clear picture.  So for about every forty shots like this:
We would get one kind of right.  But not consistent enough to feel comfortable about it.   Here are a a few good ones.






My friend Kelly is a photographer and she played around with my camera at a baby shower the other day.   She could put my camera on "manual" and get some great shots.   But I


 
 


Then she took my camera to see if it was my lens or the camera causing some troubles.  The lens was fine...and she felt that the camera might be alright but it seemed like way too much fussing with it to me.  So I am sending it back.  Tomorrow.  I did start to fiddle with some settings the other day and took these:



 
And the last couple from right after I received the camera.  A little fuzzy to me but still cute nonetheless.
 
I don't trust that the auto setting is fully working right on this camera and I need that as a back-up while I learn to shoot more in manual settings.  I am very excited about what the prime lens can do though!  

1 comment:

Kate @ craftwhatever said...

I thought you had a great camera. Is is the DSLR? That first pic is focused, just on your sleeve. Shawn takes pictures like that with mine. He doesn't let the camera focus before taking the shot. I don't think you and I have the same kind of camera though. I have a 50mm prime- love it, but not for everything. ANd I can't believe Avery is changing so much! Adorable!!!!