Did you make any resolutions for 2012? I did this year. Quite a lengthy list in fact. One of my resolutions is to try one new recipe a week. Or four recipes in a month. Very do-able and will keep me from the oh-it-is-5:30-already-what-should-we-have-for-dinner? routine every night. We eat a lot of quesadillas. Or I should say the boys eat a lot of quesadillas or oatmeal. And who doesn't love breakfast for dinner?
We have tried four new recipes already this month and except for one burnt soup situation it has been a success.
January recipes (so far):
Barefoot Contessa Turkey Meatloaf - very good...makes a lot so I halved the recipe
Barefoot Contessa Chicken with 40 cloves of garlic - amazing! Company-worthy (I used breasts instead of the whole chickens)
Butternut Squash Soup - http://www.cookingafterfive.com/cookingafterfive/2010/11/24/roasted-butternut-squash-soup-with-sage-croutons.html Loved this. Creamy and a little sweet and spicy. I was surprised at how easy roasting the butternut squash was.
Chicken Posole Soup - Sunset magazine recipe... http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/speedy-chicken-posole-with-avocado-lime-10000001947682/
Very good...very similar to a chicken tortilla soup. I had to modify the recipe to take out the spiciness and will use less hominy next time.
I love the Barefoot Contessa (Ina Garten). Most of her recipes have minimal ingredients but taste gourmet.
6 comments:
That is a really good resolution! I should try to do that, too. Sometimes I just totally hate making dinner and maybe trying a new recipe will make it more fun. :) I made that turkey meatloaf the other day and it was really good! Hope all is well with you guys!
My New Years resolution was to get the kids eating more fruit and veggies. They are pretty good about fruit already, just need to get them to eat more veggies. Right now I am sneaking them into smoothies and other items but would love it if they could enjoy them without having to "hide" them. My approach is to serve them but not make a big deal out of it. Not sure if it's going to work ;)
I am glad you liked the meatloaf Heather! Lisa, I got a Vitamix for Christmas and have been experimenting with lots of green smoothies. We find that reverse psychology works great with our boys. "Don't eat that broccoli!" :)
On some nights our food has magical powers. Broccoli that makes you invisible, beans that can make you read daddy's mind or a carrot that makes Daddy sound like a chicken ;) Oh, the things we will do to get our children to eat, sigh. I have to admit that lately they've been eating well, I'll enjoy it while it last! Don't you love the Vitamix! I would not have known about it if it wasn't for you! Not only do the kids eat more fruits and veggies but Matt does too =)
So you got one Lisa?!
For my birthday last year :)
Post a Comment