We rented a cabin to go "camping" last weekend. Several families in our squadron own campers and venture out to some beautiful camping spots around the state and we wanted to join in on the fun. The trouble is...we don't have a camper, and we don't have a vehicle that will pull a camper. Sleeping in a tent wrecked havoc on the boys' skin the last time they slept outside. Luckily the campsite destination also had cabins to rent. It was a great little cabin...mountain view, full wrap-around-deck, outdoor hot tub, full kitchen and full bath, one bedroom with a queen bed and a loft with two twin beds.
Really.roughing.it. The digs:

Geoff and the boys stayed two nights and I stayed one. I had a garage sale Saturday morning and wanted to get back to finish cleaning up from the sale: taking boxes to Goodwill, catching up on laundry, dishes, and just to have a night to sleep! I think this is the first time I have ever had the house to myself overnight since we had the boys...I got so much done!
While camping, we ate the best fish tacos we have ever had (courtesey of two families in the squadron) with freshly caught fish. The boys played in the lake for most of the day and then they were all about the hot tub at the cabin. J really enjoyed his trip out on a fishing boat with Geoff and Mr. Jay - he even caught a fish on his little Lightning McQueen fishing pole.

Returning:
Poor W had a bit of a rough time on our trip. He lost his turn on the fishing boat and had to sit out of the hot tub for the first day. :( I think he was overtired. He enjoyed playing in the lake though.

1 comment:
PAINFUL!!! :)
Glad you got all that stuff done and had some time to yourself and the boys got daddy time.
Post a Comment